Resonate your identity with Naseeb journals. Express your opinions, share your thoughts, post your writings and connect with like minded people through the power of expression.
Login to my account
Benefits of Lowering Your GazeBy SHAYuwSUKAR
note * My friend Angie (naseeb: Islamaholic) went to Brother Imad's Halaqah at a Masjid on Wednesday, since I missed the lecture she was kind enough to share her notes with me, Baarak Allahu Fiha.
Here are the Benefits of Lowering Your Gaze:
1. NO REGRET
- You will not regret that you are a Muslim, because the thoughts of 'I wish I could do this, or that' would be gone.
2. SWEETNESS IN YOUR HEART
- When you look at haram things your heart is turning black, when you lower your gaze it is better for your heart, because the black spot could spread, and it could spread until the entire heart is black.
.. and that leads to #3
3. OPENS VENUES OF KNOWLEDGE
- Since you are not busy thinking about things that are displeasing to Allah, and wishing you can do them, you can more easily seek knowledge.
4. YOUR HEART GETS STRONGER FROM THE RESISTANCE OF DESIRES
- Training your heart is much like training any other muscle, at first it may be really hard but the more work and effort you put in the easier it will be, and the more strength you will have at resisting desire.
5. FREE THE HEART FROM DESIRE
-If you give just a little to desire, you are going to want more.
6. IF YOU ARE MARRIED YOU SEE YOUR HUSBAND/WIFE AS BEAUTIFUL
- He/she is beautiful because you are not comparing them to actors, and top models that you are looking at. Your life partner will become more attractive to you.
7. INCREASED AWARENESS
-You become more aware of your surroundings, your heart won't be desensitized, so you won't think that these things are normal.
8. VERY IMPORTANT!!! BY LOWERING YOUR GAZE YOU ARE 'CLOSING' THE DOOR TO JAHANAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(extra notes: )
II- No Khulwa
-If two people are alone, then Shaytan is the third person
*** NO SWEET TALK ***
If you need to work on a project then do so, no side tracking, if you side track then you are following Shaytan's foot steps, and the more astray that you go the harder it is to come back.
No one should be left alone with a stranger.
Q: What about the husband's brother?
A: That is equivalent to death.
*** Relationships Between Men & Women ***
A-What do men look for in women?
Win the one with religion, or your hands are dirty.
B- What do women look for in men?
2. Character (khulok)
Because, the best among you is the one who best treats his wife.
(that's all for now... Insha-Allah I will continue these notes after next Wednesdays halaqah)